One of the most important aspects of our lives is nutrition. Knowing what to eat, how and when has become a practice with a wide range of options. Currently, "superfoods" are gaining more space in the health topic. But what exactly are they?
Superfoods are foods that possess a high level of particular nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins or minerals, and other extra health benefits.
These foods (the term) became popular in the early 20th century when the United Fruit Company (UFCO), a US-based multinational company, coined the term as part of its marketing strategy, starting with bananas, arguing that they were inexpensive, very accessible, nutritious, easy to digest and could be eaten in a variety of ways.
It was only when food had very beneficial characteristics that it is categorized as a superfood.
On the other hand, cacao is considered a superfood because of its amount of nutrients and low caloric intake. Normally, this fruit is consumed in the form of chocolate, however, for truly preserve the right amount of benefits (superfood level) it is necessary to consume it at a minimum of 60% concentration. That is to say... dark chocolate.
- A large number of antioxidants, which help the cells not to deteriorate as quickly and improve memory.
- Provides energy due to the content of B vitamins (various) and minerals.
- Essential fats that act on the blood vessels.
- Improves digestion through fiber.
- Helps to improve the appearance of your skin.
- It also acts on our emotions (https://www.franceschichocolate.com/es/news/chocolate-oscuro-cuarentena-y-emociones)
Is dark chocolate part of your diet? We can bring it to your home with our delivery service, contact us (https://www.franceschichocolate.com/es/news/el-mejor-chocolate-ahora-a-domicilio).